Friday, April 21, 2006

BARBIE BLUES

Flying over to Poland I was reading an article about Barbie being brought to life for a stage show!! Suddenly all my doll rage came to the surface!! I know she has undergone many transformations since birth, but I still choke at the sub text of the stereotype!! Anyhow I will spare you my rant about her exaggerated proportions, and give you a few statistics that may interest or shock!!

1. Barbie doll has had more than 95 careers - from rock star to presidential candidate
2. Placed head to toe, Barbie dolls and family members sold in 150 countries since 1959 would circle the earth more than 7 times.
3. Every second, 3 barbie dolls are sold somewhere in the world.
4. Barbie's full name is Barbie Millicent Roberts.

Enough!! But one fact that has shadowed me since the moment of revelation....is that apparently barbie and I were born a month apart from each other - so that means we almost share the same birthday! And that is all i do share!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbie makes a fascinating read.

No comments: