Friday, April 07, 2006

TROLLEY RAGE

It used to be the car parks that were the most dangerous places in supermarkets due to dodgy parking and over-zealous speeding drivers making a hasty exit - but now a new trend is emerging - awkward moments with older people trying to link trolleys together and get their pound coin out!!!! 3 times now I have been involved in difficult and perplexing situations and I am planning on holding workshops to explain the fundamental trolley positions that will aid easy coin access and successful trolley closure.

5 comments:

Andrew J. Booth said...

I have never told anyone this before, but when I was growing up [8-10 year old] and used to go shopping with my Mum I used to imagine that I was a shopping trolley expert and was conducting "driving" lessons throughout the whole shopping experience - glad to get that off my chest!!

Benjamin Sternke said...

I have no idea what this post was about, as it contained strange language I'm not familiar with: "trolley" - "pound coin". Because of this, I had no idea what "trolley positions" were, nor "coin access". Such a confusing world.

On another note, I wanted to comment on what an amazing name you have for your blog. I'm sure it has subtle and profound meaning.

JB said...

I never knew that about you son - your mother clearly abused you as a child - thanks Sue for allowing the Booth family to get this trolly delusions out in the open!

Andrew J. Booth said...

wow, community honesty at its very best

Doughie said...

What really annoys me, is the way people meet in the middle of the supermarket isles ( which are not very wide at the best of times) and then speak and block the isle so you cant get to that last tin of baked beans, and now, there are lovely new trollys and guess where they have put the pound coin thingy majig,,,,,,,,, right where you need to put your left hand to steer it!!!!!! must have been designed by a man hehehe