Thursday, October 12, 2006

GIRLY MUSIC SCIENTIST

It's always good to get the creative juices stirred up by watching someone else in concert or by going to an art exhibition. Last night I ventured to Brighton to hear the unique Imogen Heap. Only recently has she invaded my space but it was an amazingly refreshing experience. She is a girl with gadgets, building up tracks as she plays and handling vocoders and samplers as if they were child's toys. She has an eccentric simplicity and a huge capacity for making music that leaves you shouting for more. She is definitely one artist to look out for. Her concerts are a work of wonder. Long live the spirit of originality!!

I was recently asked a question about how we can stay 'out of the box'. As I was considering my reply, a friend remarked that it's probably best not to get in the box in the first place!!! There were no boxes on stage last night!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is a box? *G* Hey have some good pics of you from Dayton... let me know where to send them and I'll email or snail mail you copies. :)

Blessings!