Tuesday, April 20, 2010

THE AIR THAT I BREATHE

Apparently we are not breathing deep enough! Yes it took a 30 year study to confirm something we already know. Singers are aware that to sing well you need to breathe well. Also as a leader of sung worship, reflections and meditations, there is often an emphasis on 'breathing in' as a way of feeling enlarged and rejuvenated....aka the breath of life!

Trendhunter.com, a great resource for catching the trend waves and observing future patterns, reveals that breathing is the focus of a current trend and an indicator of that trend is found in popular music. An examination of all popular songs over the last 30+ years entitled Breathe reveals that over 70 percent of those songs have been released in the last 10 years.

This is "indicative of feeling a type of communal suffocation. The 21st century has brought an increase in pressures on people and when there are increased pressures on us, physical and mental, we don’t breathe as we should. We use shallow breathing and when we do that we don’t relieve stress. Bottom line: If we don’t take time to breathe, we can’t be creative, we can’t solve problems, and we can’t be truly innovative".

Great how God is originally revealed as the breath of life and as we see in Genesis, 'cosmically creative' PLUS the Hebrew word behind Spirit is Ruach which means 'air in motion' or 'breath'!

So, breathe deep and know where that breath began and that creativity and innovation are by-products of breathing. I love it when futuristic messengers tell the old, old story!!

4 comments:

Shantzey said...

nice article.. breath in breath out.. =)

Home Security said...

That is very helpful. It provided me a few ideas and I'll be posting them on my web site eventually. I'm bookmarking your site and I'll be back again. Thank you again!

Atlanta Home Security said...

That is very helpful. It provided me a few ideas and I'll be posting them on my web site eventually. I'm bookmarking your site and I'll be back again. Thank you again!

Alarm Monitoring Atlanta said...

It's quite hard to find a good website. And I am very satisfied to have come here. The publications are doing great and full of good insights. I would be glad to keep on coming back here to check for a new update.